Practice Information 2024
2024 Practice Schedule Coming in New Year
2023 Practice Schedule Below for Reference Only
General Practice Schedule:
Afternoon Weekday Practices: May 15 to July 20 (Mon through Thurs)
- NO Tuesday afternoon practices when meets are scheduled
- NO Friday afternoon practices
- NO afternoon practice Wednesday, July 5th due to swim meet
- Mini Sea Dragon Practices begin on Tuesday, May 30th
Morning Weekday Practices: June 12 to July 21 (Mon through Fri)
- Practices are scheduled on Tuesday mornings before dual meets and on Friday mornings
- Wednesday morning practices following Tuesday night meets, practice starts at 9 am (7-10 year-olds swimming with 11 and over).
Saturday Morning Practices: May 20 to July 8, July 22
- NO Mini Sea Dragon Practices are scheduled on Saturday mornings
- NO practice on July 15 due to Cary City Championships
- Swim practice will be held on Sat July 22 preceding TSA Champs on Sun July 23
- NO Practice: Memorial Day May 29, Independence Day July 4, and Saturday, July 15 (Cary City Meet)
- For Full Practice Schedule Details: Click Here
- No minimum practices are required during the swim season. Swimmers will see greater improvement if they attend at least 3 practices per week.
- Swimmers should arrive in their swimsuits 5 minutes early to begin practice promptly.
- Excellent Sportsmanship and Excellent Behavior are expected at all times.
- Please Click Here for the CPSD Code of Conduct Policy.
- Label all swim equipment and personal belongings with the swimmer's name with a permanent marker.
- Do NOT bring valuables to practice.
- Practice equipment:
- Swim Cap - especially with long hair
- Water bottle - stay hydrated
- Kickboard - provided by Sea Dragons
- Fins - optional
- Swim practices will be held as scheduled when the Cary Park Swim Club pool is open.
- The pool will close and swim practices will be temporarily delayed or canceled if there is severe weather, such as thunder or lightning.
- Practice updates and cancellations will be communicated through SwimTopia Mobile App.
Cary Park Swim Club Policies:
- The following Cary Park Swim Club rules apply to Sea Dragon Swim Families:
- Swim team members need to check in and out of the pool when attending practice with a membership key fob.
- Swimmers ages 12 and under must have a parent or responsible designee present during swim practices.
Simple formatted text