Mini Sea Dragons
Welcome to the 2023 Mini Sea Dragons!
The Mini Sea Dragons are the pre-competitive team for swimmers ages 8 and under who are unable to swim a full length of the pool (25 yds) but want to improve strength and endurance, while learning stroke technique and the basics of competitive swimming.
Mini Sea Dragons Placement
- Potential Mini Sea Dragons need to register for the Cary Park Swim Club and Cary Park Sea Dragons, like all swim team members. Please follow instructions on the Team Registration tab (click here).
- All new swimmers ages 8 & under are assessed during the first two weeks of the season.
- Coaches assign swimmers to:
1. Cary Park Sea Dragons competitive team
2. Mini Sea Dragons pre-competitive team
3. Recommended swim lesson development outside of the team and evaluation next swim season for readiness to join the Competitive or Mini Sea Dragons.
- Cary Park Sea Dragons Competitive Team Eligibility: Able to swim the length of the pool (25 yds) multiple times as evaluated by the coaches.
- Mini Sea Dragons Pre-competitive Team Eligibility: Able to swim at least 10 yards independently and able to get their own breath while swimming.
- The Mini Sea Dragons typically have at least one swim meet during the season, but do not participate in the Tuesday night dual meets (unless invited).
- 2023 Mini Sea Dragon Meet - Wednesday, July 19th at 4:30 pm
Sea Dragon Equipment
- Mini Sea Dragons may opt to purchase the team swim suit (click here for swim suit info), but are not required to do so.
- All swimmers should have goggles and caps are encouraged for longer hair.
- Mini Sea Dragons are always welcome to swim team socials activities. Dragon Dessert Thursdays are a team favorite!
Simple formatted text