Practice Information 2023
General Practice Schedule:
Afternoon Weekday Practices: May 15 to July 20 (Mon through Thurs)
- NO Tuesday afternoon practices when meets are scheduled
- NO Friday afternoon practices
- NO afternoon practice Wednesday, July 5th due to swim meet
Morning Weekday Practices: June 12 to July 21 (Mon through Fri)
- Practices are scheduled on Tuesday mornings before dual meets and on Friday mornings
- Wednesday morning practices following Tuesday night meets, practice starts at 9 am (7-10 year-olds swimming with 11 and over).
Saturday Morning Practices: May 20 to July 8
- NO Mini Sea Dragon Practices are scheduled on Saturday mornings
- NO practice on July 15 due to Cary City Championships
- TBD practice on July 22
- NO Practice: Memorial Day May 29 and Independence Day July 4
- For Full Practice Schedule Details: Click Here
- No minimum practices are required during the swim season. Swimmers will see greater improvement if they attend at least 3 practices per week.
- Swimmers should arrive in their swimsuits 5 minutes early to begin practice promptly.
- Excellent Sportsmanship and Excellent Behavior are expected at all times.
- Please Click Here for the CPSD Code of Conduct Policy.
- Label all swim equipment and personal belongings with the swimmer's name with a permanent marker.
- Do NOT bring valuables to practice.
- Practice equipment:
- Swim Cap - especially with long hair
- Water bottle - stay hydrated
- Kickboard - provided by Sea Dragons
- Fins - optional
- Swim practices will be held as scheduled when the Cary Park Swim Club pool is open.
- The pool will close and swim practices will be temporarily delayed or canceled if there is severe weather, such as thunder or lightning.
Practice updates and cancellations will be communicated through SwimTopia Mobile App (allow for notifications on device).
- Download from Apple App Store: Click Here
- Download from Google Play: Click Here
Cary Park Swim Club Policies:
- The following Cary Park Swim Club rules apply to Sea Dragon Swim Families:
- Swim team members need to check in and out of the pool when attending practice with a membership key fob.
- Swimmers ages 12 and under must have a parent or responsible designee present during swim practices.
Simple formatted text