Last Call Spirit Wear, Communications, Volunteering, Training Clinics, Evaluations
Greetings Cary Park Sea Dragon (CPSD) Families!
Sea Dragon Swim Season is here! We can’t wait to see you for practices and evaluations this Monday, May 15th!
Please join us for a Family Orientation Session on Monday, May 15th or Wednesday, May 17th from 4:30-5:15 pm at the Cary Park Clubhouse to learn more about meets, volunteering, swim lessons, and Mini Sea Dragons. New and returning families are welcome to attend!
The Order Deadline is TODAY, May 10th for your Sea Dragon Merch! Check out the Team Store for shirts, hats, water bottles, car magnets, and more!
The Reduced CPSD Team Registration Fee Deadline is Monday, May 15th. After May 15th, late registration fees will be applied ($10) per swimmer. Make sure everyone in your family and your friends are registered! Team registration closes on June 1st.
2023 CPSD Communications
- All team information will be communicated through the Swimtopia platform via the following 3 channels:
1. CPSD Team Swimtopia Website - Click Here and bookmark it!
- The website provides comprehensive, up-to-date, and detailed information. This is your go-to source for team information.
2. Team Communication Swimtopia Emails
- Weekly emails provide important announcements and information for the upcoming week.
- Team emails are posted to the Communications Tab on the website for future reference. Click Here.
3. Push Notifications through the Swimtopia Mobile App
- Inclement Weather Alerts and Urgent Meet Alerts will be pushed out to team members through the Swimtopia Mobile App.
- Download the Swimtopia Mobile App and Allow Push Notifications on your device:
- Apple Store: Click Here
- Google Play: Click Here
- The free version provides push notifications, live event/heat indicator, swim history, family overview, and meet sign-ups.
- Upgrade to premium ($2.99/mo or $9.99/yr) for heat sheets, estimated event start times, meet results, and scores.
- Learn more about the Swimtopia Mobile App: Click Here.
2023 Volunteer Sign-ups
- Volunteer Job Sign-ups will open on Wednesday, May 24th at 7 pm.
- Volunteer Sign-up Link on Team Website Click Here
- Each registered family is obligated to complete 12 Volunteer Service Points over the summer swim season.
- Please review the Volunteer Policy and Expectations: Click Here.
- The list of Volunteer Job Descriptions is posted: Click Here.
- For each job, please note shift start and end times (volunteers need to report for entire duration), points assigned, and any additional requirements/training for the job.
- Job Sign-up Website Instructions - Click Here
- Log in with your password to the team website.
- Under the Meets & Events tab, select "Signup Calendar" to sign up for volunteer jobs.
- Click the green JOB SIGNUP tab for a meet/social event and sign up for volunteer shifts for that selected event (note one parent may sign up both parents for jobs -- scroll down and you’ll see the other parent listed).
- Click Save Assignments.
- Click Back to Signup Calendar.
- Click on another green JOB SIGNUP tab for a different meet/social event and sign up. Remember to Click Save Assignments.
- Pro-tip: Volunteer shifts fill quickly when sign-ups open. Be prepared with job preferences and available dates when sign-ups open.
- BOD members will answer volunteer questions at the Family Orientation Session on Monday, May 15th or Wednesday, May 17th from 4:30-5:15 pm at the Cary Park Clubhouse.
- For additional questions, please email the VP of Volunteers at email@example.com.
2023 TSA Volunteer Training Clinics
- TSA Mega Clinics and Stroke and Turn Clinics provide volunteer training for the following specialized meet positions: Stroke and Turn Judges, Starters, Meet Administrators, and Coaches.
- TSA is offering free Clinics for the 2023 season. No registration is required; please attend and sign in at the clinic to receive credit for certification.
- All Stroke & Turn Judges, Starters, and Meet Administrators must attend one clinic.
- Stroke & Turn judges need to be recertified each year.
- A TSA Clinic will be held at Cary Park Clubhouse on the morning of Saturday, June 10th. For all TSA Clinic dates, times, and locations: Click Here
- Please notify the VP of Volunteers (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you attend and are trained for one of these positions.
2023 Swimmer Evaluations
- If you have an 8 year old or under swimmer who swam on the competitive CPSD swim team last year (not as a Mini Sea Dragon), your child does NOT need to be evaluated for swim team.
- All other 8 year old and under swimmers (both new and returning Mini Sea Dragons) need to be evaluated for 2023 placement.
- Evaluations will be held during the first 2 weeks of swim season prior to the June 1 registration deadline.
- Parents will select a 15-min time slot and the swimmer will come daily Monday through Thursday (May 15th through May 25th) at that time slot until notified of the final evaluation outcome.
- 2023 Evaluation Sign-Up Link: SignUpGenius
- More information on Evaluations, Mini Sea Dragons, and Swimmer Eligibility is posted to the CPSD Team Website:
- Evaluations: Click Here
- Mini Sea Dragons: Click Here
- Swimmer Eligibility: Click Here
- For additional questions, families are encouraged to attend a Family Orientation Session on Monday, May 15th or Wednesday, May 17th from 4:30-5:15 pm that will be hosted directly before swimmer evaluations.
- Thank You CPSD Sponsors:
- Apex Dental Group
- AvanceCare West Cary & Morrisville
- Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics
- Carolina Jewelry Appraisers
- Carolina Orthodontics & Children’s Dentistry
- Edge Aveda Men
- Eric DeRosa Realty
- Eyecare for you
- Madison Oaks Wealth Partners
- North Carolina Dermatology Associates
- Parkside Eye Care
- Prosperity Home Mortgage, LLC
- Siyoung Park, CPA, PLLC
- VanderWall Orthodontics
- 501 Pharmacy
- Cary Park Swim Club Pool Registration and Cary Park Swim Team Registration - Registrations are still open. Click Here.
- Sea Dragons Team Swimsuits - Swimsuit options, fitting, and ordering information are posted on the Swimtopia team website. Click Here.
- Practice Schedule/Information -
- 2023 Practice Schedule: Click Here
- 2023 Practice Information including attendance, conduct, equipment, and weather policy: Click Here
- CPSD Team Calendar - Subscribe to the Google / iCal team calendar to stay on top of all the summer swim meet and social events. Click Here.
- Cary Park Pool Swim Lessons - Information is posted to the CPSD Team Website: Click Here