Pool & Team Registrations & Assistant Coaches
Greetings Cary Park Sea Dragon (CPSD) Families!
Happy February! It’s not Ground Hogs Day yet, but for a second year in a row, the Tarheel Swimming Association (TSA) has ranked Cary Park Sea Dragons 1st in the TSA Southern League Division 1. Congratulations to all of the Sea Dragon swimmers on this amazing accomplishment!
The CPSD Board of Directors (BOD) has important information about the upcoming 2023 season to share.
CARY PARK SWIM CLUB POOL REGISTRATION:
- All CPSD swimmers are required to have an active Cary Park Swim Club Family Membership.
- APPLY and PAY BEFORE Wednesday, March 15th. Rates significantly increase after that date.
- Cary Park residents can apply and pay online.
- Non-Cary Park residents can apply online BUT check payment must be mailed and received by Elite Management by the March 15th deadline.
- 2023 Pool Registration Rates:
- Cary Park Residents: Before 3/15: $465 After 3/15: $550
- Non-Cary Park Residents: Before 3/15: $640 After 3/15: $750
- 2023 Pool Registration Rates:
- All pool registration payments are non-refundable.
- For complete Cary Swim Club pool registration: CLICK HERE.
- Note, Cary Park Sea Dragons BOD will confirm that your pool membership has been paid before your swim team registration will be finalized.
CARY PARK SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION:
- CPSD Swim Team Registration will open on this Swimtopia website on Monday, February 20th.
- Registration instructions and fees will be coming soon!
ASSISTANT COACH APPLICATIONS:
- The submission deadline has been extended to February 20th.
- An updated job description has also been posted: CLICK HERE.
- Application: Cover letter, 2-3 references with contact info, Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid certification documentation or planned completion date, Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification (online course) documentation
- Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 20, 2023
CPSD TEAM WEBSITE – SWIMTOPIA:
- Swimtopia is the official team website. https://caryparkseadragons.swimtopia.com/
- The old Team Unify website will no longer be accessible after 3/31/2023. All swimmers’ times from 2011-2021 will not be accessible after that date.
- If you would like to retrieve a record of your swimmer(s) past times (2011-2021), please complete the following steps by 3/31/23:
- Sign into the old Team Unify Website: Click HERE.
- Under your account information, scroll over Events and Competition with flag icon on left, and then click on Meet Results.
- In Meet Results, you can click on the Printer Friendly button for your information. You may switch between multiple swimmers on your account.
- Note, Team Unify only has swim times from 2011 to 2021. Swim times from 2022 are on Swimtopia.
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS:
- Are you good at fundraising? Are you interested in learning more about the swim team?
- Join the BOD! Volunteer opportunities are still available!
- Presidents Associate
- VP Fundraising
- A group of enthusiastic BOD members will welcome and mentor you:
- President: Suzanne Francart
- VP Volunteers: Ali Crawford
- Volunteers Associate: Ross Brodbeck
- VP Communications: Lisa Bendz
- VP Finance: Manali Bettendorf
- VP Meets: Carolina Carrasco
- VP Social: Mallory Vaccaro
- Social Associate: Gennine Uliasz
- Please email email@example.com to learn more.
- Additional Associate BOD positions are also needed; please email for more information.
- Board members are exempt from the 12-point volunteer requirement.
TENTATIVE 2023 SCHEDULES:
- Practice Schedule:
- May 15: First Day Afternoon Practice
- May 20: First Saturday Practice - Polar Plunge
- May 29: Memorial Day - No Practice
- June 12: First Day Morning Practice
- July 4: Independence Day - No Practice
- July 21 or 22: Last Day Practice (depends on TSA meet)
- Meet Schedule:
- June 3: Time Trials
- June 13: Meet 1
- June 20: Meet 2
- June 27: Meet 3
- July 5 (Wed): Meet 4
- July 11: Meet 5
- July 15: Cary City Championship
- July 18: Meet 6
- July 22 or 23: TSA Championships