Cary City Meet Info
Greetings Sea Dragons!
Sea Dragons are ready for fun times and fast swims tomorrow, Saturday, July 16th at the Cary City Meet! Please read all the important meet information below. Please arrive on time so as not to miss our assigned warm-up times.
Go Sea Dragons!
Important Cary City Meet Times and Reminders:
When: TOMORROW, Saturday, July 16th
Location: Scottish Hills Recreational Club 1423 Tarbert Drive, Cary, NC 27511
AM Session 10 & Unders:
- Volunteers arrive: 6:30 am at CPSD tent
- Swimmers arrive: NO LATER than 6:45 am at CPSD tent
- Warm-ups: 7:15 am in Lanes 3, 4, and 5
- Meet Start: 8:00 am
- Estimated End: 12:30 pm
PM Session 11 & Ups:
- Volunteers arrive: 12:00 pm at CPDS tent
- Swimmers arrive: NO LATER than 12:30 pm at CPSD tent
- Warm-ups: 1:00 pm in Lanes 4, 5, 6
- Meet Start: 2:00 pm
- Estimated End: 7:00 pm
Don’t be late for warm-ups – we have a dedicated 15-min time slot and lanes only!
- All Swimmers: Please write your swimmer's first initial and first three letters of the last name on their left shoulder.
- Swimmers do NOT miss your events!
- CPSD kid pushers will line up swimmers under our CPSD tent and bring kids to a second tent – the Clerk of Course tent. The Clerk of Course tent is behind the slide.
- Announcer will call 3 times to report to the Clerk of Course for an event - if you miss the call, you may miss the race.
- Once at the Clerk of Course tent, swimmers are handed off to meet volunteers to organize swimmers into heats/lanes. Each kid will be given a card with his/her name, heat, lane, etc. That card will help staff keep track of who goes where.
- AM Heat Sheets - Click Here
- PM Heat Sheets - Click Here
- Parking Map - Click Here
- Seating Map - Click Here
- Meet Info - Click Here
Parent volunteers CPSD tent check-in:
- AM Session: 6:30 am
- PM Session: 12 pm
Volunteer meet meeting (timers, kid pushers, judges, etc.):
- AM Session: 7:30 am
- PM Session: 1:30 pm
- Meet Meeting Locations:
- Timers – meet near the starting system/Lane 1 (pick up CPSD stopwatch at CPSD tent and bring it with you to the meeting)
- Kid Pushers – will meet at the dive well
- Stroke & Turn Judges – meet between restrooms at the front of the club
- TSA Rep – meet at screen room/ scorer's area
- Meet Meeting Locations:
- Please enter the Scottish Hills neighborhood on Tarbert Drive from Cary Parkway.
- The road in front of the pool will be one way.
- Stop at the Drop off zone in front of the field (marked with cones) and drop off your swimmers and gear and then park in the neighborhood.
- Please see the attached map for parking availability.
- Please be respectful of the community’s neighbors and do not park in front of their driveways or walk on their lawns. Cones will be placed throughout the neighborhood to mark off "No Parking" zones.
- DO NOT park in spots in Annie Jones Park and the Scottish Hills parking lot – this is reserved parking for vendors, head volunteers, and coaches – NOT swimmers/families.
Swimmer and Parent “Tent City” Seating:
- Swimmers and parents should bring their own chairs for seating in the assigned tent area.
- Enter "Tent City" in the field near the drop-off zone. Entrance areas will be marked.
- CPSD tent location can be found on the attached map. There is no need or room to bring your own tent!
- No spectator chairs will be allowed on the pool deck. However, bleachers offering limited seating will be available on the pool deck (~ view and go).
What to Bring:
- Please bring:
- Lots of water and drinks
- Fun games/activities to keep your swimmer occupied when they are not swimming
Sea Dragon Spirit – OUT OF THIS WORLD:
- The main emphasis at Cary City Meet is on SPIRIT and FUN!!
- CPDS Theme – OUT OF THIS WORLD
- Dress up in your space-themed attire
- Bring any space-themed décor to add to our Sea Dragons Planet
- Swimmers will hand out fun goodie bags to other swim teams
- Concessions will be sold under the main shelter in the pool area. Cash and card will be accepted.
- Bagels and coffee will be available for the morning session. Jersey Mikes will be available for the afternoon session. Snacks, candy, and drinks will also be available.
- There will be food trucks in the parking lot. Ty's All Natural and Salvio's pizza will be on site.
- Pelican's will be located on the tennis courts.
- There is a designated eating area on the tennis courts with shade and tables so that you can enjoy your food!
- Regular restrooms: Right of the concessions stands
- Port-a-potties: In the Tent City field
- EMS: Wooden shelter near Clerk of Course tent
Heat Sheets, T-shirts, and Swim Accessories:
- Paper heat sheets will not be sold at the meet. Heat sheets are accessible through the SwimTopia App. QR codes will also be placed around the pool area for quick access to the heat sheets.
- Cary City Meet T-shirts will be sold for $15. Goggles, goggle straps, and swim caps will also be available for sale.
Results and Awards:
- Every race at Cary City Meet counts! Finishes are determined by all times and there is no main event.
- Results will be posted on the backboard in the tennis courts periodically. The Trophy Awards Ceremony will take place at the completion of the PM Session recognizing our top finishers and spirit award. Ribbons and medals will be sent to each team and will be distributed to families as they would after a dual swim meet.
For More Information: