TSA Championship Swim Meet 2023
Tarheel Swimming Association (TSA) Champs Swim Meet - Sunday, July 23rd
Cary Park Sea Dragons are set to swim at the TSA Championship Swim Meet on Sunday, July 23rd at the Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC). 23 TSA teams will compete on Sunday. There are two sessions: 10 & Unders swim in the morning and 11 & Up swim in the afternoon.
TSA Championships is a fun indoor swim meet, spanning two days. Cary Park Swim Team will compete on Sunday with 23 other TSA teams. TSA Champs feels a bit like a year-round swim meet. Sea Dragon swimmers sit together as a team on the pool deck and spectators sit in the viewing stands above. Every swimmer’s name and time are displayed on the large natatorium display screen during each heat. Final standings over the 2-day meet determine awards. This a great opportunity for swimmers to challenge themselves to achieve their personal season-best times in a fast pool.
Championship meets have meet entry fees. If your swimmer(s) chooses to swim TSA Champs, there is a separate registration fee that each swimmer will need to pay to participate. Swimmers 7 and Older can swim up to 3 individual events and 2 relays. Swimmers 6 and Under may only swim 2 individual 25-yd events (note this is the full length of the pool) and 2 relays. Individual events are $6 per event, relays are $10 per relay ($2.50 for each relay swimmer), and $10 per swimmer fee.
Championship meets require parent volunteers. If your swimmer chooses to swim, we will need parents to help volunteer (even if 12-points are completed). TSA Meet Officials will require Cary Park Sea Dragons to send a certain number of TSA reps, kid pushers, stroke and turn judges, and other volunteers based on team swimmer participation numbers. Volunteer job position sign-ups will be made available in Swimtopia once our team entries are submitted. More information to come on volunteering needs.
To participate in the TSA Championship Swim Meet, swimmers MUST be Signed-Up by Saturday, July 15th at 11:30 PM. Please make sure you sign your swimmer up for the correct session (AM 10&Under; PM 11&Up). This is a very quick turnaround time and coaches need to submit our team entries by the registration deadline. Once entries are submitted to meet officials, families will be invoiced for entry fees. If you miss the deadline, entry fees will be doubled or your swimmer may not be able to participate at all (TSA Champs meet officials set these registration rules, we do not have the flexibility to add last-minute requests).
Every swimmer/parent MUST review and electronically sign the Meet Waiver: Link to Waiver.
Please see meet information below. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
We hope many of our Sea Dragons will join in this championship meet!
2023 TSA Championship Swim Meet: Sunday, July 23rd
- Meet Registration Deadline: Saturday, July 15th @ 11:30 PM
- Meet Waiver: Every swimmer/parent MUST review and electronically sign the Meet Waiver. Link to Waiver: Click HERE
- What: Championship Swim Meet with 23 TSA Teams
- When: Sunday, July 23, 2023 (Rain or Shine - this is an indoor pool)
- Who: Registered Age Group Sea Dragons Swimmers
- Where: Away - Triangle Aquatic Center, 275 Convention Drive Cary, NC 27511
Morning Session (10 & Under):
- 6:45 am - Arrival; swimmers meet coaches in a designated team area in the pool parking lot at 6:45 am. Swimmers and coaches will then enter the pool together as a team.
- 8:30 am - Session Starts
- Estimated 12:00 pm - Session Concludes
Afternoon Session (11 & Up):
- Estimated 12:00 pm - Arrivalswimmers meet coaches in a designated team area in the pool parking lot at 12:00 pm. Swimmers and coaches will then enter the pool together as a team.
- Estimated 1:30 pm - Session Starts
- Estimated 5:00 pm - Session Concludes
- Morning Session (10 & Under):
Events and Event Order:
- 6 and Unders: Swimmers are limited to 2 individual 25-yd events and 2 relays. 25 yds is the full length of the pool (no rope or coach catching).
- 7 and Older: Swimmers are limited to 3 individual events and 2 Relays.
- Regulation distance age group events in Free, Back, Breast, and Fly and Relays (Medley and Free Relays) are offered.
- For each session, events are in the typical TSA dual meet event order (Medley Relay, Free, Back, Breast, Fly, Free Relay).
- Families will be invoiced by PayPal notification.
- Please make electronic payments through PayPal.
- Individual Events: $6 per event (max 2 events for 6 and Under and max 3 events for 7 and Older)
- Relay Events: $10 per relay ($2.50 per relay swimmer; max 2 relays)
- Swimmer Fee: $10 per swimmer
How to Sign-Up:
Meet Sign-Up by Saturday, July 15th @ 11:30 PM
- Please make sure you sign your swimmer up for the correct session (AM 10&Under; PM 11&Up).
- Log in with your password to the team website.
- Under the Meets & Events tab, select "Signup Calendar" to sign up for volunteer jobs.
- Click the green MEET ENTRY tab, and then click the EDIT tab under your athletes' names.
- For each of your athletes, select an option from the drop-down list next to their names.
- Not Attending
- Indicate the swimmer’s relay participation status, and select an option from the drop-down list for each swimmer:
- Available for all relays
- Not available for any relays
- Provide comments to coach regarding swimmer’s event preferences in the textbox.
- Click Save to record your choices.
- Meet Sign-Up by Saturday, July 15th @ 11:30 PM
- Parking: There will be NO PARKING in the pool parking lot. Due to the construction around TAC, parking will be limited. Please carpool and allow ample time to drop off your swimmer and get to the spectator seats. You may use the swimmer drop-off lane to drop off your swimmer(s) before parking.
- Swimmer Seating: Swimmers are seated on the deck with their team. Swimmers may have a chair on deck. Locker rooms for changing are available.
- Only swimmers, volunteers, and meet officials are allowed on the pool deck. There is seating capacity for 1,000 spectators on the bleacher viewing level.
- Spectators may not enter the building until all teams have entered.
- Parents must meet their swimmer OUTSIDE at the end of the session – the lobby must be kept clear.
- Spectators must clear the gallery and all belongings between the morning and afternoon sessions.
TAC Facility Rules:
- NO outside food, drinks, or coolers are allowed inside the facility.
- NO glass containers are allowed inside the facility.
- NO smoking is allowed inside the facility.
- NO chairs are allowed on the spectator level. Swimmers may have a chair on deck.
- Medals: 1st - 8th place individual events; 1st -3rd place relays
- Ribbons: 9th -16th place individual events; 4th -8th place relays
- Individual Awards for Age Groups: 6 & U, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18
- High Point Awards: Female and Male of each age group: 6 & U, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-18
- The Championship Trophy (traveling) and Team Trophy will be presented to the top-scoring team.
- Concessions Stand: Food and refreshments will be available at the concession stand in the main lobby. Additional vendors may be located in the front parking lot.