Cary City Swim Meet 2023
Cary City Invitational Swim Meet - Saturday, July 15th
Cary City Invitational Swim Meet will be held on Saturday, July 15th at the Cary Swim Club. All 50 TSA Southern Division teams are invited to participate. There are two sessions: 10 & Unders swim in the morning and 11 & Up swim in the afternoon.
Cary City is an outdoor swim meet with a focus on team spirit. Each team has a team tent decorated with a fun theme. The Cary Park tent will be Hawaiian-themed. Come ready for a fun luau party! Wear your leis, grass skirts, and tropical shirts! Teams hand out goodies to other swim teams - it is a lot of fun! Cary City is an opportunity for swimmers to improve their personal times, and Sea Dragon swimmers are also scored as a team (Cary Park Sea Dragons traditionally place very high).
Championship meets have meet entry fees. If your swimmer(s) chooses to swim Cary City, there is a separate registration fee that each swimmer will need to pay to participate. Swimmers 7 and Older can swim up to 3 individual events and 2 relays. Swimmers 6 and Under may only swim 25 yd free and 25 yd back (note this is the full length of the pool). Individual events are $6 per event and relays are $12 per relay ($3 for each relay swimmer).
Championship meets require parent volunteers. If your swimmer chooses to swim, we will need parents to help volunteer (even if 12-points are completed). Cary City Meet Officials will require Cary Park Sea Dragons to send a certain number of timers, runners, kid pushers, and stroke and turn judges based on team swimmer participation numbers. Volunteer job position sign-ups will be made available in Swimtopia once our team entries are submitted. More information to come on volunteering needs.
To participate in the Cary City Meet, swimmers MUST be Signed-Up by Sunday, July 2nd at 11:30 PM. Please make sure you sign your swimmer up for the correct session (AM 10&Under; PM 11&Up). This is a very quick turnaround time and coaches need to submit our team entries by the registration deadline. Once entries are submitted to meet officials, families will be invoiced for entry fees. If you miss the deadline, entry fees will be doubled or your swimmer may not be able to participate at all (Cary City meet officials set these registration rules, we do not have the flexibility to add last-minute requests).
Please see meet information below. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope many of our Sea Dragons will join in this fun team event!
40th Annual Cary City Invitational Swim Meet: Saturday, July 15th
- What: Championship Swim Meet with all TSA Southern Division Teams
- When: Saturday, July 15, 2023 (Rain Date: Sunday, July 16, 2023)
- Who: Registered Age Group Sea Dragons Swimmers
- Meet Theme: Hawaiian - Come ready for a fun luau party! Wear your leis, grass skirts, and tropical shirts!
Where: Away - Cary Swim Club, 808 Tanglewood Dr, Cary, NC 27511
- Cary City Meet Website: Click Here
- Traffic Flow, Parking, Tent, and Pool Maps: Click Here
- Parking: Parking will be limited; carpooling is encouraged. Primary parking will be the Christ the King Church. Overflow parking will be Cary High School and Lions Park. Town of Cary will enforce towing.
Morning Session (10 & Under):
- 6:30 am - Arrival
- 7:00 am - Warm-ups in Lanes 5 & 6
- 7:30 am - Cary City Volunteer Check-in Meetings - Click Here for locations for Runners & Timers, Heat Ribbon Distributor, CCM Kid Pusher, Clerk of Course, S&T Judges
- 8:00 am - Session Starts
- 12:30 pm - Session Concludes
Afternoon Session (11 & Up):
- 12:45 pm - Arrival
- 1:20 pm - Warm-ups in Lanes 6 & 7
- 1:30 pm - Cary City Volunteer Check-in Meeting - Click Here for locations for Runners & Timers, Heat Ribbon Distributor, CCM Kid Pusher, Clerk of Course, S&T Judges
- 2:00 pm - Session Starts
- 6:45 pm - Session Concludes
- Morning Session (10 & Under):
Events and Event Order:
- 6 and Unders: Swimmers are limited to 2 events: 25 yd Free and 25 yd Back. 25 yds is the full length of the pool (no rope or coach catching).
- 7 and Older: Swimmers are limited to 3 individual events and 2 Relays.
- Regulation distance age group events in Free, Back, Breast, and Fly and Relays (Medley and Free Relays) are offered.
- For each session, events are in the typical TSA dual meet event order (Medley Relay, Free, Back, Breast, Fly, Free Relay).
Swimmer Arm Markings:
- Left Arm: Last Name (written vertically)
- NO Swimmer Number for Cary City Meet
- Families will receive invoices in their Family Folders and by PayPal notification AFTER the Cary City Swim Meet.
- Families will be able to make electronic payments through PayPal.
- Individual Events: $6 per event (max 2 events for 6 and Under and max 3 events for 7 and Older)
- Relay Events: $12 per relay ($3 per relay swimmer; max 2 relays for 7 and Older only)
Seating and Viewing (locations on maps):
- Parents and swimmers are to bring chairs to sit in the team tent area. Cary Park Team Tent is #78 and is located near the wooded area between Kildaire Farms and Sunset Ridge teams.
- No spectator chairs will be allowed on the pool deck. Limited seating and viewing are offered with pool deck bleachers.
- Meet Results (location on map): Posted at the tennis courts.
Awards: Ribbons and medals will be awarded to individual swimmers and teams.
- Medals: 1st through 8th place in individual events, 1st through 3rd place in relay events.
- Ribbons: 9th through 16th place in individual events, 4th through 16th place in relay events.
- Heat Winner Ribbons: Heat winners in all 10&Under events.
- Participation Ribbons: All participating swimmers.
- Trophies: Top 3 overall point scorers in each boys and girls age group; top five teams; spirit award.
Concessions (locations on maps):
- Concessions Stand: Candy, snacks, ice cream, popcorn, and drinks.
- Food Vendors: Jersey Mikes, Chick-Fil-A, Primo's Pizza, and Pelican’s SnoBalls/Bobasaur (Boba Tea Food Truck). Food vendors will be located on the tennis courts.
- Restrooms (locations on maps attached): Click Here
- Year-Round Club Info (location on maps): Year-round swim teams will have tables with information located at the tennis courts.